Why Might You Need an Electrical Wiring and Harnessing Solution?
There is increasing pressure for more advanced technology to be included in products, resulting in the need for more energy efficient electrical wiring to support Mechatronics devices; from aircraft to cars, boats, and white goods, the number and length of wires and electrical cables are continuously increasing.
How Can Design Rule Help?
The 3DEXPERIENCE Electrical Wiring CAD solution based upon the CATIA 3D design platform provides an integrated environment that enables collaborative design of electrical systems and associated wiring in context of a 3D virtual product to ensure wire harness fit that minimises downstream errors. This electrical design software solution is based on the RFLP (Requirement, Functional, Logical and Physical) approach that enables full traceability of information from requirement to the final product. Knowledge management is included in the solution to facilitate automated checks of the electrical design against predefined compliance rules and design standards. It enables efficient concurrent engineering for mechatronic parts so that engineers from various disciplines such as mechanical, electrical and systems can work collaboratively to optimize the electrical harness design.
This solution also works with industry leading Electrical Schematics applications form Mentor Graphics and Zuken.
3DEXPERIENCE Electrical Wiring and Harnessing Key Benefits Include:
- Extended capabilities, from requirements to electrical physical design
- Unique integrated solution to support collaborative mechatronics design across the entire product
- Rapid propagation of design changes at any time to optimize the electrical design process
- Powerful real-time analysis tools
- Intuitive environment enabling easy harness design and modifications
- Realistic shape of the harnesses by taking into account the material characteristics
- Configuration management of electrical harness
- Full electrical component library management, integrated to 3DEXPERIENCE BOM management
- Optimised layout of the flattened harness
- Concurrent design activities on a common wiring harness.