Today’s business challenges come in many different forms: more diverse portfolios, greater customer expectations, more projects and product complexities such as smarter products and faster pace of innovation in an ever increasing number of applications. Additionally there are process complexities including global designs, global supply chain, and increasing regulatory and compliance processes.
Why You May Need Program and Project Management Software
All companies are faced with ever-shrinking product lifecycles in order to timely satisfy the diverging needs of global markets. This has resulted in an increase in concurrent product development programs, which necessitates adoption of concurrent engineering methods. However, this also increases complexity due to the parallel activity of various functional teams. Coordinating the various engineering teams to prevent overloaded resources and bottlenecks is critical for optimizing cycle time. Project management software and tools can help you to ensure your project is completed successfully, meeting your required timescales and standards.
About Our Project Management Tools
The 3DEXPERIENCE solution delivers an end-to-end project management platform, which enables companies to optimize staffing plans with real-time utilization reports to assess availability of key skills across all projects and drive a phased-base decision making process using best-in-class process templates with predefined phases, gates and milestones. As this solution is part of the 3DEXPERIENCE platform it enables in-process data collection, collaboration and analysis which allow teams to work together and share information more effectively.
Program and Project Management solutions include:
- A single secure web based platform for the management of complex collaborative projects involving internal and external teams of prospects, customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Real-time access to project pipelines for rapid analysis and decision making.
- Bi-directional integration with MS Project for import and reporting.
- Resource utilization to reduce conflicts between project managers and functional group managers.
- Phased-based decision making processes using best-in-class process templates, with predefined phases, gates and milestones, allowing coordination and collaboration on the planning and execution of projects in real-time.
- Phase-based deliverables are links to actual 3DEXPERIENCE processes or objects.
- Execution and oversight of complex product development activities by decomposing projects into smaller manageable projects with visibility to sub-project dependencies.
- Track meetings, decisions, and deliverables baselines so that traceability is established for historical reference.
To find out more information about how Design Rule can help you with program and project management, contact us online.