Why Might You Need Help With Composites Engineering and Manufacturing?
For aircraft fairings, boat hulls, motorsport, cycles and wind blades; carbon composites offer compelling solutions to address today's increasingly weight driven product requirements.
Ultra-light, strong, highly resistant and durable, composites are ideal for producing lightweight structures with tremendous performance capabilities, however designing and manufacturing complex production-ready composite parts is highly complex and expensive. Traditionally solutions in the marketplace only address composites design, analysis and manufacturing is separate processes, losing the efficiencies of a single close loop process.
How Can Design Rule Help?
The Composites Engineering and Manufacturing solution from Dassault Systèmes 3DEXPERIENCE platform supports the entire process of composites product development on a single virtual platform. The solution is powered by CATIA for virtual product design, SIMULIA for virtual testing and DELMIA for virtual manufacturing. Developed in partnership with industry leaders, the solution is already in use at leading aircraft and helicopter manufacturers and suppliers, Formula 1 teams, yacht designers and builders, as well as wind energy, construction and consumer goods companies.
Composites Engineering and Manufacturing solution enables you to:
- Address entire processes of composites design to composites analysis and composites manufacturing in one environment
- Delivers integrated tools to predict global product behaviour
- Assure final manufacturability by integrating all structural, assembly and manufacturing requirements early in the design phase
- Significantly reduce overall cycle time from design to manufacturing preparation and shop floor processing
- Manage the vast amount of data, specifications and plies generated and maintain configuration management during rapid design changes
- Facilitate communication efficiently between disciplines, cross-functional teams and supply chain to prevent costly errors and delays
To find out more information about how Design Rule can help you with composites engineering and manufacturing, contact us online.