ENOVIA SmarTeam provides a proven, open and flexible solution for managing complexity in product and project development throughout its lifecycle, delivering 'best practice’ PLM implementations within AEC, aerospace, automotive, electronics, industrial equipment and life sciences. SmarTeam may also be implemented to allow distributed design teams to work as if they are in the same office and working off the same data and files. ENOVIA SmarTeam Multisite provides a replicated environment supporting true 24 hour global design, enabling a single global numbering system and single global EC workflow. In summary:
Electronic Document Management System (EDMS)
- Integrated Multi-CAD & MS-Office file vaulting and revision management.
- Mechanical CAD: Pro/E, CATIA, SolidEdge, SolidWorks, Inventor, AutoCAD
- Electronic CAD: Mentor, Cadence, Protel, Zuken
Processes and Workflow
- Full Engineering Change (ECO/ECN) management supported by advanced workflow, for control of complex products across a global business
- Engineer-to-order Product Configurator for 'Rule based ' automated creation of BOM and documentation
Project Management and Planning Tools
- Support for Automotive quality planning, e.g. APQP, PPAP, FMEA for automotive suppliers or companies adopting automotive best practices.
- Project Management, for managing Tasks and activities, linked to MS-Project, facilitating resource planning
Bill of Materials (BOM) Centric SmarTeam Solutions
- Manage and release a single, integrated, engineering BOM; e.g. mechanical, electronic and software deliverables.
- Engineering BOM release to Manufacture (ERP), including full context validation, to ensure Items are not released with in-complete data or un-released, dependent drawings or specifications.
- Management of prototype ‘physical baselines’ and as-built / as-maintained product configurations
- Pre-release management of long lead items to procurement or tooling including risk assessment.
- Part classification management by description or characteristic for rationalised component inventories
Global Collaboration and Supply Chain Integration
- True multi-site collaboration for ‘working in the same room’ product development capability, delivering 24 hour, around the clock, synchronised engineering teams. Supports single, global part/document numbering and EC process.
- A sophisticated supplier collaboration portal that provides, in collaboration with SMARTEAM BOM packages, the most secure and capable web interface for your suppliers to use whether they are view & print suppliers, or tightly integrated into your development team.
For more information on ENOVIA SmarTeam, download the factsheet. If you would like to find out how Design Rule can help you implement SmarTeam in your business, fill in the contact form below or call 01604 491 661 to arrange an on-site visit from one of our PLM specialists.
As the UK’s most focused SmarTeam deployment partner for over eight years, Design Rule delivers the full capability of SmarTeam, enhanced with our proven added-value methodologies, templates and productivity tools. There are just no other SmarTeam partners anywhere who can implement SmarTeam so effectively, within time and budget constraints.