Drawing on all the information gained during PLMDiscover, Design Rule implements the solution using an experience led process, coupled with the world leading product range of our partners.
PLM System Implementation
Design Rule’s PLMDeliver processes are constructed from a proven track record of successful implementations, allowing us to identify best practices and incorporate the latest industry thinking. This means that Design Rule delivers value and sustained results from your organisational investment. With consistent feedback and high level customer relationship creation, our approach will guide and support the changes to internal business structures and systems that come with every new implementation. Involvement of our customers at every stage is paramount. This is why we construct comprehensive, clear implementation milestones to drive enterprise-wide engagement for the project. This aids in reducing resistance to organisational change, whilst rapidly accelerating the delivery of the required business solution. PLMDeliver’s benefits include:
- Industry led best practice
- Carefully managed organisational change strategies
- Fully scalable user models
- Legacy data focused approach
- Fully phased, gated and milestone based project timelines
- High level customer relations integrations
- World leading software portfolio selections
Project Management at Design Rule uses bespoke best practice principles developed over the last 20 years within the PLM domain.
By defining the project scope, definition and goals, both parties can agree exactly what the project is to achieve. We can assist you in identifying and proactively mitigating any constraints that could affect the delivery of the project and the right level of project management resource can be assigned to ensure the success of the project.
Design and Build
This stage focuses on the construction of the implementation in terms of physicality. Drawn from Design Rule's past successful implementations, the project design highlights the needs for internal and external systems abilities and acceptance criteria.
- Software selection and means of deployment
- Systems redesign
- Integration with existing structures
- Consideration of legacy data and systems
Design Rule understands that for any PLM implementation to be deemed valuable, it must be people-centric. This is why we pay special attention to the end-users of the system. Through extensive PLM testing phases, potential fail points are identified and remodelled at the earliest point.
- Change management
- Systems support and localised training
- User-centric relationship strategies
- Structured acceptance criteria
User PLM Training
The next stage of PLMDeliver is focused on getting all end-users of the new system up to date with the implemented solution. Using Design Rule's PLMTrain, this stage offers three separate areas of focus in regards to education:
- Dassault Systemes Certified Courses (Education Partner Program affiliate)
- Design Rule Tailored Training Courses
- Customer Specific Methodologies
This is the stage where all of the planning and methodologies are put into action. Design Rule understands that this is by no means the end of the project; our project teams still work very closely with our clients to ensure that transition to the new system is as faultless as possible. The PLMAssist service that we offer, means that support and help is always on hand. Our support offer is tailored to customers, as to ensure that businesses continue to enjoy success with their new system, well after the PLMDeliver stage is complete. PLMAssist includes:
- At elbow support
- Non-defect support and dedicated helpline
- Installation and software upgrade support