Q-Checker Products allow companies to follow their own design principles and to meet essential quality requirements.
Q-Checker is now utilised by over 1500 customers worldwide to provide quality assurance in virtual development
Q-Checker, when operated from the early beginning in the design phase, will support cross engineering as well as model reuse in new projects and downstream. Key to a successful implementation is the integration and adaptation to PLM processes. Q-Monitor allows statistical assessments to establish a continuous improvement process for PDQ. In CATIA V5, methodology checks cover a new important area of model integrity beside geometry and standard criteria.
Q-Checker offers a vast range of customer benefits
- Save time spent fixing models - Fixing geometry problems constitutes a significant design cost, not only in terms of time and quality, but also in wasted human and material resources. The repairs that are not made at the outset are often compounded when users of different downstream applications use different methods to “fix” the original model. With Q-Checker, critical defects can be identified and repaired before faulty features lead to additional geometric problems.
- Designer Awareness - Q-Checker anticipates and captures requirements of all downstream applications, even where they may not be evident to the designer.
- Pro-Active Learning - The learning curve can be steep and tedious at times, particularly for new and part-time designers who need to conform to specific customer CAD standards. Q-Checker can assist by identifying common design process mistakes and inefficient practices. It is like supporting each designer with the experience and advice of an expert user.
- Promotes Design Reuse - Because defects have traditionally been so common in models, most users prefer to rebuild their own, instead of reusing existing ones. This is another costly part of designing that Q-Checker can help to eliminate.
Q-Checkers' Key Product Features
- Enforcing internal CATIA standards: Q-Checker helps to ensure that corporate design standards and specifications for using CATIA are adhered to, allowing the design and production teams to become more productive and efficient and supporting higher product quality.
- Supplier Confidence: OEMs working with Q-Checker have the confidence that they are sending their suppliers good quality data. At the same time, they can insist that their suppliers use a specific checking profile. Suppliers who use Q-Checker can assure their customers and partners that they are delivering accurate models that are based on a consistent standard of modeling practices.
- Checking files transferred from other CAD software: CATIA users frequently need to use multiple CAD systems and data, a practice that frequently leads to problems with data translation. This usually calls for significant reworking and redesigning. Q-Checker helps to catch errors and adjust standards quickly and effectively, allowing for speedy recovery.
- Check Seal: Q-Checker allows users to store the model results in a check seal. This provides still greater security and helps to save time since the receiving part does not have to be rechecked against the specified Profile.