Extract important MBD product data into simple, useable formats, such as Word and Excel.
Model Based Definition (MBD) is quickly becoming a common way for companies in many industries to streamline their product development process. In the past, both a 3D model and a 2D drawing were defined for parts and assemblies. However neither the model or the drawing was a complete definition. This was confusing for downstream users of the information. With MBD, all information to define, manufacture and inspect a part or assembly is contained in the 3D model. This saves time in design and eliminates additional documents to manage and revision. However, for many downstream users, it can be difficult to find the specific information they need and tedious to develop shop aids and inspection reports from 3D models.
Inceptra MBD Accelerator is used by organisations to streamline the use of MBD data throughout the enterprise. By extracting important product data and presenting it in simple, usable formats such as WORD or EXCEL, MBD Accelerator enhances the following processes:
- Model analysis for the Bidding Process
- Material Reports for Purchasing
- Shop Aides for Manufacturing
- First Article Inspection Reports for Quality
Inceptra MBD Accelerator is easy to configure to work with the many different ways that MBD can be defined and organized in a CATIA model according to different OEM standards. The contents and format of reports can also be customised. Configuration Profiles can be defined and distributed to suppliers to ensure consistent reporting throughout the supply chain.
Main features of the MBD Accelerator
- Supports CATIA V5 Parts and Assemblies
- Fully configurable to work with different methods annotations are created in models
- Configurable report formats
- Extraction of Captures and Notes
- Preview Captures before the extraction process
- Extraction of Notes stored in any location within the model
- Automatic First Article Inspection (FAI) Ballooning
- Creation of FAI Reports
- Language Support – English and French currently